5 Tips for Writing the Perfect Social Media Bio
- October 22, 2017
- Professional bios
Writing a bio itself can be a pretty daunting task for anyone…but capturing your life story in a couple of sentences? That can pretty intimidating for anyone! How do you share those important highlights with your audience in a succinct, brief way?
Here at WeWriteBios.com, we understand that it’s hard to write about yourself. But there are a few key things that all bios, whether short or long, usually include. Remember, a bio, whether a social media bio or a professional bio, is a branding tool, and should describe what you do in your professional career.
Each social media platform is different in audience and style. What you would write in your Instagram bio would be very different from what you would write for your Facebook bio. LinkedIn bios are a different beast altogether, so we’ll tackle that topic on another blog post.
A few rules apply when writing your social media bio:
- The bio or profile is usually the first thing you see when viewing someone’s social media account. With that said, be sure to place the important facts about yourself early on in the bio, and incorporate keywords since your social media bio is searchable by search engines such as Google.
- What makes you unique and personable? Is it your love of cooking? Or maybe you’re the adventurous, outdoorsy type? Whatever you enjoy outside your professional interests, be sure your social media bio includes some of those interesting tidbits that makes you human.
- Keep it brief and pique your visitors’ interest! You want your visitors to learn more about you by following you and liking your page, so provide just enough information in your social media bio to keep them wanting more.
- Understand the various social media networks and their audiences. If you’re writing a Twitter bio, keep it short and sweet, and don’t be afraid to add some personality.
- Ensure you’ve checked for spelling and grammar. The last thing anyone wants to see is a social media bio full of typos.
At the end of the day, you want to tell your story in an engaging and interesting way, so that people want to learn more about you. A social media bio should entice your readers with tidbits about your professional and personal story. If you’re seeking assistance with writing your social media bio, contact us today!
WeWriteBios.com is inspiration and brainchild of Endrea Kosven, founder and CEO of EDK and Company. With over 15 years as a PR and marketing professional in Los Angeles, she helps her clients succeed in their professional branding and marketing efforts.
About us and this blog
We are a professional copywriting agency helping our clients maintain their brands through polished, creative content. Our services include professional bios, press kit development, company profiles, press releases, and more!
Request a free quote
Our bio writers craft compelling bios and profiles for use across websites, social media, and printed marketing communications. Learn how we can help you build your brand!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for subscribing!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Breaking it Down: Sample COO Bio February 28, 2023
- Breaking it Down: Sample Accountant Bio February 18, 2023
- Need a Bio for Your Employer? February 11, 2023