Are You Confident in Writing Your Own Bio?
- November 24, 2017
- LinkedIn Profiles, Professional bios, Short Bios
So it’s Friday night and you get an urgent email from your boss. It’s a request for a professional bio that you need for a big client meeting coming up on Tuesday morning. You think to yourself (after you’ve panicked and paced around the room for a couple of minutes) — okay, where do I start?
You’ve got an old LinkedIn profile that needs cleaning and polishing up, but it’s certainly nowhere near ready for primetime. You’re proud of your career and what you’ve worked so hard to accomplish, but how do you put that into words that would make someone stand up and take notice?
It’s truly hard to write about yourself, as anyone who has attempted this task certainly knows. What do you highlight and what do you leave out? Does that first job you had for six months count for anything in your current career track? How about that volunteer work with the homeless you did over the summer, does that add any brownie points in a professional bio?
The answers to these questions lie in just what kind of image you’re trying to portray to your audience. If you’re trying to score a speaking gig in your industry, any sort of positions you’ve held that reflect your ability as a thought leader should definitely be included in your professional bio. If you’re in need of a short bio that highlights your abilities in your field (as part of a work team, as shown in the request we mentioned in the beginning of this blog) then some brief mentions of your career positions are definitely in order.
So what’s our process at WeWriteBios.com? How can our bio writers help you make your professional bio an outstanding part of your marketing arsenal? It’s pretty simple:
- Contact us with your specific request, whether it’s a standard professional bio, a short bio, or a LinkedIn profile.
- Based on the type of bio you’re interested in, we’ll provide a price quote and turnaround time.
- We usually perform a short phone interview, asking you questions about your career and life outside work. We’ll also request additional information such as your resume and your LinkedIn profile.
- Our bio writers will draft the bio, then send to you for review and any requests for revisions. The client can request up to 3 rounds of changes.
- After you have reviewed the bio, we will finalize and send a final bio for use!
Ready to get started on your bio? Contact us today for a free quote!
WeWriteBios.com is inspiration and brainchild of Endrea Kosven, founder and CEO of EDK and Company. With over 15 years as a PR and marketing professional in Los Angeles, she helps her clients succeed in their professional branding and marketing efforts.
About us and this blog
We are a professional copywriting agency helping our clients maintain their brands through polished, creative content. Our services include professional bios, press kit development, company profiles, press releases, and more!
Request a free quote
Our bio writers craft compelling bios and profiles for use across websites, social media, and printed marketing communications. Learn how we can help you build your brand!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for subscribing!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Entrepreneur Branding: What You Should Know April 29, 2023
- Breaking it Down: Sample Educator Bio April 18, 2023
- Key Tips for Your Recruiter Bio April 5, 2023