Improve Your LinkedIn Profile Writing
- December 19, 2021
- LinkedIn Profiles, Social Media Bios
Are you trying to craft that all-important LinkedIn profile summary? First and foremost, you need to understand that you are unique. Your LinkedIn profile writing needs to capture that uniqueness. Secondly, there is certain pertinent information that you will need to include in your LinkedIn profile writing.
We will list a few critical tips on capturing this uniqueness in your LinkedIn profile writing.
Imagine you’ve just been invited to a LinkedIn networking event. Remember, you are going to this event alone. Consider the following:
- What will you wear?
- How should you engage?
- Introduce yourself, name, job title, any awards, and special recognitions
- Other than your job, what makes you interesting?
Since you’re attending this event alone, you must write your LinkedIn profile summary in first person. You are doing the narrative about yourself. We know you would have brought a plus-one, but this event didn’t allow this option.
- We used the question “What will you wear?” to represent a great picture of yourself. Yes, it would help if you had an attractive, professional picture of yourself at the top of your LinkedIn profile summary. A natural smile would be beneficial. Think thoughts that bring on that wonderful smile.
- We mean by saying “engage” is that you must have a way to break the ice about yourself that engages people. Sometimes people use humor or a short story that segues into a larger conversation.
- Have an introduction written for clarity and in a conversational style.
- Other than your job, what makes you interesting? These are hobbies or quirky activities, such as babysitting iguanas, as an example. Just about anything that represents what you love to do and doesn’t have anything to do with work.
The above is an easy way to capture your unique self in your LinkedIn profile writing.
Get some tips and learn from a sample Linkedin profile summary in our short instructional video!
If you find it difficult to write about yourself, please don’t fret; you are not alone! Here at We Write Bios, our writing process includes an interview to capture the “you” that you’ve never met before. For information about our LinkedIn profile writing services, call us at 818.488.1543 or email us at email@example.com.
WeWriteBios.com is inspiration and brainchild of Endrea Kosven, founder and CEO of EDK and Company. With over 15 years as a PR and marketing professional in Los Angeles, she helps her clients succeed in their professional branding and marketing efforts.
About us and this blog
We are a professional copywriting agency helping our clients maintain their brands through polished, creative content. Our services include professional bios, press kit development, company profiles, press releases, and more!
Request a free quote
Our bio writers craft compelling bios and profiles for use across websites, social media, and printed marketing communications. Learn how we can help you build your brand!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for subscribing!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Breaking it Down: Sample COO Bio February 28, 2023
- Breaking it Down: Sample Accountant Bio February 18, 2023
- Need a Bio for Your Employer? February 11, 2023