Personal Branding For Artists
- March 21, 2023
- Artist Bios, Brand development
Distinguishing yourself from the masses is why personal branding for artists is so important. As an example, let’s take a look at actor Ken Jeong. Let us jog your memory if you don’t know him by name. He’s an Asian-American comedic actor and a licensed physician who starred in “The Hangover” movies.
At what point did you know who we were talking about? He has a unique brand, since few actors took the time to get their medical degree. Do you see how personal branding can significantly impact your artistic career? We aren’t saying that you should also become a doctor to make it as an actor, but any way to make yourself different from the norm drives the philosophy behind the importance of personal branding for artists.
To find your personal brand, you could do what Ken Jeong did. No, we already said you don’t have to become a doctor, but find something you’re passionate about. For example, many artists are passionate about animal rescue, so that is an excellent place to start. Ultimately your particular style of how you do animal rescue advocacy may be a part of your personal branding.
Here are some steps you can take to help you define and develop your brand, especially if you are an artist. These steps are for anyone, but we wrote this with the artist in mind.
Personal Branding for Artists: Take the Beginning Steps
- Begin by asking yourself what strengths and weaknesses, passions, unique traits, and values you bring as an artist.
- Research your industry and your competitors.
- Define your target audience; this will allow you to know where you fit in and with whom you resonate.
- Develop a Unique Selling Proposition (USP). The USP brings all the information you have gathered from your research and creates a statement that concisely brings value to your target audience.
- Establish an online presence; this includes a professional website and social media profiles on different platforms, which should highlight your work, skills, and accomplishments.
- Consider your online presence as significant to your artistic career as your physical audience, so always check in and keep them informed about your journey. This will create a sincere connection with your audience.
For more information or help creating your personal brand, start with a personal bio! Talk to the team at We Write Bios about our professional bio writing services! Contact us today or give us a call at 818.488.1543.
WeWriteBios.com is inspiration and brainchild of Endrea Kosven, founder and CEO of EDK and Company. With over 15 years as a PR and marketing professional in Los Angeles, she helps her clients succeed in their professional branding and marketing efforts.
About us and this blog
We are a professional copywriting agency helping our clients maintain their brands through polished, creative content. Our services include professional bios, press kit development, company profiles, press releases, and more!
Request a free quote
Our bio writers craft compelling bios and profiles for use across websites, social media, and printed marketing communications. Learn how we can help you build your brand!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for subscribing!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Entrepreneur Branding: What You Should Know April 29, 2023
- Breaking it Down: Sample Educator Bio April 18, 2023
- Key Tips for Your Recruiter Bio April 5, 2023