The Instagram Bio: A Quick Tipsheet
- November 13, 2019
- Instagram Bios
With revenue on Instagram expected to reach $14 billion, anyone with business ambition should be on Instagram. On average, over 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile a day. With that said, the Instagram bio should take on a new level of importance.
Whether you’re a real estate agent, an entrepreneur, or a musician, having a strong Instagram bio can help draw your audience and engage them to want to work with you or learn about your art.
Some Important Instagram Statistics You Should Know:
According to Instagram:
- The total number of monthly active users: 1 billion+
- The total number of daily active story users: 500 million+
- The number of photos shared to date: 50 billion
- The number of businesses on Instagram: 25 million
- The number of Instagram likes per day: 4.2 billion
- 32% of all internet users are on Instagram
- As of 2018, 71% of US businesses are on Instagram
With numbers like this, it is critical to craft a thoughtful Instagram bio. Here are a few key things to keep in mind when writing your Instagram bio:
- The Instagram bio has a specific length of only 150 characters. That’s just a few short sentences!
- Be brief, but say as much as possible.
- Use one or two-word sentences to say a lot with few words.
- Have a great picture, whether it is a product image or company logo. If it is a personal account with your picture, make sure it is an excellent picture. Remember that the size of the picture will be reduced, so make it pop.
- Your username should be searchable, so choose it wisely.
- A great Instagram bio must express the personality of your brand.
- The bio should also pop and attract your target audience.
- A link to your website should be included (for business accounts).
- Add hashtags to your Instagram bio. Research the most effective hashtags specific to your market or niche.
- If you are promoting your business, you would use this area on your profile to spotlight any webinars, promotions, or products.
Need some help getting started on your Instagram bio? Get our bio writing ebook, “Just Add a Smile and a Handshake — A Starter Guide to Writing Your Bio” for tips and samples for crafting your Instagram bio!
Everyone lives to tell a story. How it’s told is what we do. Let us tell your story! Contact us for more information about our bio writing services at email@example.com or call (818) 488-1543.
WeWriteBios.com is inspiration and brainchild of Endrea Kosven, founder and CEO of EDK and Company. With over 15 years as a PR and marketing professional in Los Angeles, she helps her clients succeed in their professional branding and marketing efforts.
About us and this blog
We are a professional copywriting agency helping our clients maintain their brands through polished, creative content. Our services include professional bios, press kit development, company profiles, press releases, and more!
Request a free quote
Our bio writers craft compelling bios and profiles for use across websites, social media, and printed marketing communications. Learn how we can help you build your brand!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for subscribing!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Breaking it Down: Sample COO Bio February 28, 2023
- Breaking it Down: Sample Accountant Bio February 18, 2023
- Need a Bio for Your Employer? February 11, 2023